2020 is long behind us now (or at least it feels like it) and with new prospects on the horizon our focus for 2021 is our health above all. Veganuary is a movement which inspires people to go vegan for the month of January. The purpose is to drive corporate change, create a global movements aiming to be more compassionate around our food choices and putting an end to animal suffering as well as protecting the environment.
So we are jumping on board and on our first ever blog we are partnering with Cyprus Vegan guide (@cyprusveganguide) & Vegan Fams Green Life (@vegan_fams_green_life) to provide you with a few easy recipes you can incorporate on your daily meal plan and finally some tips.
Easy recipes that can be prepared with Rescuedbox ingredients:
Delicious aubergines with tomato sauce served with pistachio nuts
Instructions: Sauté aubergines in olive oil until soft, grate fresh tomatoes and add spices of your choice and cook until combined. Serve with rice or a refreshing salad topped with pistachio nuts for extra crunch.
Easy pasta with sauté onions, aubergines, sweet corn and tomatoes.
Instructions: Cook pasta of your choosing. Sauté onions with garlic, add the aubergines and fry until soft. Add the tomatoes and sweet corn and a bit of past water to bring the ingredients together. Put the cooked pasta in the pan and mix until combined. Serve with fresh parsley or coriander.
Veggies on skewers
Instructions: Let’s load up the BBQ or your oven on grill mode! Cut aubergines, zucchinis, peppers, onions, tomatoes & tofu and marinate in soy sauce with salt, pepper, onion powder and bit of water. Thread the cut pieces on to skewers and cook until soft. Serve with tahini and pita breads.
Last but not least DESSERT! Remember when we were all crazy about banana breads during lockdown?
This is a delicious banana bread recipe that will get your taste buds going!
- 2 tspb grounded flaxseed + 100ml water = leave aside for few minutes (flaxseed egg)
- 2 cups of gluten free oat flour + ½ cup gluten free oats + ½ cup almond flour + 1tsp baking soda + 2tsp baking powder + pinch of salt = mix together
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed) + ¼ cup peanut butter + vanilla extract + 2tsp apple cider vinegar + ¼ cup agave syrup (or any other syrup) + flaxseed egg = mix together
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients to form the dough
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35’ at 170C or until the top is golden brown.
- Incorporate produce into each meal (yes breakfast too!). Make a green smoothie with frozen fruits & add veggies to your breakfast.
- Instead of making your veggies a side dish, switch it up by making them the main focus. Build your meal around them.
- If anything 2020 has taught us, is that we should go out of our comfort zone. Try a fruit or veg that you might not have had. You might be surprised!
- Select seasonal and local fruits for your meals and let’s get creative.
- Finally let’s make 2021 a great year with more sustainable choices!